EPE 2019 ECCE Europe: Author's Kit
This page will help you to prepare and submit your full paper for the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe Conference.
The FINAL and ULTIMATE DEADLINE to upload your full paper is: Wednesday June 19th, 2019.
Full papers presented at EPE 2019 ECCE Europe will be included in IEEE Xplore®. Therefore, EPE 2019 ECCE Europe has registered for the use of IEEE PDF eXpress™. This feature will help you to either check whether the PDF-file of your full paper is IEEE Xplore®-compliant (PDF check function) ,or it will help you to create an IEEE Xplore®-compliant PDF-file (conversion function). No other format will be accepted !
TIP: Use IEEE Xplore® to convert your source file, rather than to check it!
After having converted your full paper into an IEEE Xplore®-compliant PDF-file, or after having checked it, you must upload your full paper into the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe submission system for inclusion in the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe Proceedings.
This requires that you have registered for the conference and that your payment was received. Hence, we recommend strongly that you pay by Credit Card.
The IEEE Xplore® requirements for PDF are in effect since December 2008. Every full paper submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore® and in the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe-Proceedings therefore must correspond with the IEEE Xplore® PDF-specifications for compatibility.
Steps to create and submit your EPE 2019 ECCE Europe full paper
- Write your paper according to the instructions stated below. Keep eventual comments from the reviewers and/or topic chairs about your synopsis in mind.
- Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to create an IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file (PDF conversion function) or
Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to check whether your PDF-file is IEEE Xplore®-compliant (PDF check function).
- Register and pay for the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe Conference. We advise to do this well on time and we strongly recommend to pay by credit card!
- Upload your full paper, the IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF-file, into the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe submission system.
- (5a) If you are the author as well as the presenter of the paper, please complete the « I will be a speaker »-part of the submission system, or;
(5b) If you are the author, but not the presenter of the paper, please motivate the person who will present the paper to register for the conference and to complete the « I will be a speaker »-part of the submission system.
TIP: The person who will be present at EPE 2019 ECCE Europe and therefore will register for the conference, should upload the full paper.
Step 1: Write your EPE 2019 ECCE Europe Paper
Formatting Instructions for the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe Proceedings:
Main Title: TIMES NEW ROMAN 14 Bold
Centered Spacing: 6pt before, 18 pt after
COMPANY / INSTITUTION
Telephone number / Fax number
URL (if any)
(Author Information: TIMES NEW ROMAN 12pt Centered)
(If there are multiple authors from different companies / institutions: put the addresses next to each other)
1. General Information
The authors should write the paper on one column only!
2. Acknowledgements (optional)
The acknowledgements directly follow the author information (TIMES NEW ROMAN 11pt)
Please insert the keyword-list for your document (seperated with « ». Keywords are limited to the attached list: CLICK HERE)
Start the abstract on this page, below the keywords. Body text: TIMES NEW ROMAN 11pt.
Type Abstract (First Level head style), then the body of your text with a maximum of 20 lines.
Set your top, left, right and bottom margin to 2,5 cm.
First-Level Heads (Style Header 1)
First-level heads are TIMES NEW ROMAN 14 points Bold, in upper and lower case.
Spaces before are set to 12, spaces after to 6.
First-level heads should not be more than 1 line.
Second-level heads are TIMES NEW ROMAN 12 point Bold, in upper and lower case.
Spaces before and after are set to 6.
Second-level heads should not be more than 1 line.
Third-level Heads are TIMES NEW ROMAN 11 point Bold, in upper and lower case.
Spaces before and after are set to 6.
Normal style is TIMES NEW ROMAN 11 points.
- To format bullet lists, use the style « Bullets 1 »
- For multi-level bulleted lists, use normal indentation
To format numbered lists, use the style « numbers ».
- Single space each item
- For numerals, use English standards
For equations, use the style Equations: Normal with 0,4 Inch (1cm) left indent.
In equations, you can mix TIMES and SYMBOL fonts (11 points).
You can also use the MS-EQUATION (v. 2 or higher) format or MathType format.
The equations need to be numbered successively on the right hand side of the page. (1)
References are in TIMES 10 pt. Space before and after must be set to 3 points.
Entries in reference lists are numbered and correspond to text citations.
They precede punctuation within square brackets: ex.: 
Do not use superscript to preserve legibility.
 Vanderkeyn Ralf W.: Example of fast switching component, EPE Journal Vol. 20 no 5, pp. 48-56
 Deboe B.D.: A novel type of grid converter, EPE 2011, paper 0321
 Perret F.: Development of GaN diodes for high voltage applications, EPE Journal Vol. 19 no 6, pp. 63-72
10. Figures and tables
Figures must be numbered as referred to in the text. They must have an explicit caption (normal style).
Fig. 1: Typical figure caption
Tables will have a title (Second-level Heads) and be numbered using Roman numerals.
(ex.: Table I, Table II, …)
Step 2: Use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to convert or to check your full paper
IEEE Xplore® / IEEE PDF eXpress™
- Write your full paper. Don’t forget to take into account the reviewer’s and/or topic chair’s comments which you (eventually) received in the notification e-mail. The full paper must be written in Engish.
- You may use the MS Word (.docx) or LaTeX-template.
- Finalize and proofread your full paper. Check if the lay-out of the full paper is according to the formatting guidelines BEFORE you start using IEEE PDF eXpress™.
- Create your IEEE PDF eXpress™-account at http://www.pdf-express.org using the Conference ID: 43526x
Specifications for the Electronic File Format of the EPE 2019 ECCE Europe Proceedings:
- Be PDF 1.4 (Acrobat 5) or later but NOT Acrobat 9.
- Must be created with a PDF distiller. Scanning is not permitted.
- Embeds or subsets all fonts. Doing so helps to make sure that the mathematics appear as intended and improves text searching in the PDF. Please note some True Type fonts have a setting added by the font designer that prevents the font from being embedded and should be avoided.
- Does not have a password or any other security settings.
- Does not contain any bookmarks or links. Links are supported now only by using a summary.txt, readme file, and a packing list. They appear in the IEEE Xplore® TOC as multimedia.
- Does not contain crop marks, registration marks, date stamps, time stamps, or any other mark that does not appear in the official version of the publication.
- Does not contain any PostScript that overrides the settings-file.
- Does not use PDF attachments.
- Does not consist of a PDF Package or Merged PDF, a PDF 1.7 (Acrobat 8) feature.
- PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore® (Part A – Core Requirements) V4.10
- PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore® (Part B – Additional PDF Features) V4.10
- PDF Specification for IEEE Xplore® (Part C – Creating and Checking PDFs) V4.10
JPEG / Medium
JPEG / Medium
CCITT Group 4
Potential issues with the EPE 2019 ECCE Word-template
The organizers noticed, while checking the Word-template « saved as PDF », that PDF eXpress™ returned a report saying the PDF-file failed the PDF-check.
The reason was that fonts were not embedded.
We found out that the following steps solved the problem:
1. While « saving the Word-file as PDF », click « More Options… »
2. In the pop-up window, click « Options… »
3. Make sure « PDF/A compliant » is checked.
The newly created PDF-file did pass the PDF-check in PDF eXpress™.